Gates PTA utilizes a number of communication avenues that fit the need for our members to gain this essential information. The Gates PTA Communications team helps get the word out about school events, volunteer needs, and community news through front office postings, e-mail, Facebook, flyers, text, phone messages by Mrs. Estling, posters, translators, and this website.
For questions or comments regarding PTA Communications please contact Communications Chair, Julissa Salamanca at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact a specific Communications Chair directly with questions or comments.
PTA Communications include:
- Graphic Designer
- Publicity Chair
- Publicity Copies
- Safety Chair - Viviana McKeegan
- Text Message
Translator - Claudia Woods, Monica Diaz, Maria Corrada
Webmaster - Julissa Salamanca
How do we communicate?
The PTA creates a school year calendar that it sent home at the beginning of the year.
PTA submits information that is included in Principals, weekly email blast. Our PTA President will also send out an email blast occasionally with additional PTA updates. To be added to the Gate PTA email address list send an email to email@example.com with "add me" on the subject line.
The Gates PTA sponsors a Gates PTA facebook fan page for parents to join.
Our Publicity - PTA Copies, Publicity PTA Copies Chair works with the PTA Chairs to produce copies of PTA information that we send home with students.
- It provides a single location for your child’s/children’s activities, including class announcements, parties, school events, and sign-ups.
- Your personalized calendar in Konstella automatically includes all upcoming activities and (non-academic) deadlines for your child’s class and Gates Elementary. This calendar can be synced to your own personal electronic calendar.
- Parents can communicate with other parents about various topics via a message board. If interested in a topic, you can subscribe to a particular thread and respond directly from each email. This is beneficial in discussing topics such as good summer camps or class-wide playdates, or finding parents with similar interests.
- Parents will have the ability to communicate directly with the parents of their child’s friends to schedule play dates or invite friends to activities.
- Parents can join a Gates PTA committee or volunteer for a PTA job with just one click.
- Please add konstella.com to your email program’s safe list.
- Please customize your privacy settings by clicking your name, then Settings.
- Feel free to download the Konstella App on your phone!
Phone Messages by Mrs. Estling
The Gates Principal, Mrs. Estling, communicates with all parents through a telephone-caller system to enhance communication with the school community. If you do not receive the phone message, please contact the school office.
The Gates PTA sponsors a Pintrest Boards to share ideas.
Our Posters, Publicity Poster Chair, works to create poster for PTA events to help get the word out.
The PTA has created a team of translators who help to translate information being sent home into Spanish to reach our Spanish speaking members.
The Gates PTA website provides information on Gates PTA programs, fundraising, communications, membership and links to useful websites. The website contains a wealth of information updated frequently.