Reflections 2018 - 2019
The 2018-2019 program theme is "Heroes Around Me." Encourage students to think about and explore the theme. Teachers can use the theme with classroom lessons while parents can use the theme to spark conversation at home.
It's easy to participate:
1. Reflect on this year's theme: Heroes Around Me.
2. Create an original work inspired by the theme.
3. Celebrate your achievements and win prizes!
Entries for 2017-2018 are now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated. Awards information coming soon!
Questions about Gate PTA Reflections can be sent to Karen Boepple, Reflections Chair at email@example.com and Assistant Chair Brenda Thompson.
Sharpen your pencils, grab your camera, get your paint brushes out! The theme is "Within Reach" and the categories are Literature, Visual Arts, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, Film Production and Photography. Students may enter one, two, three or all categories. Remember, it must be original work and the student must develop and create on his/her own. Entry deadline is by 3pm on Septermber 29th.
For more information, visit: http://capta.org/programs-events/reflections/
The National PTA Reflections Art Contest takes place again this coming school year and Gates Elementary is proud to be a part of it.
The theme for 2017-2018 is:
Gates PTA holds a Free Art Workshop for students in the MPR - art materials provided for "Visual Arts" category only.
Reflections Workshops scheduled for Wednesday,September 6th 1:25pm-2:30pm and Thursday, September 7th at 2:50-4:00pm. Art materials provided for the "Visual Arts" category only. Sign Up sheets will be posted outside the front office. Each day the first 50 students signed up on the list will be able to participate. (Kindergarten participants must attend with a parent.)
Want your child to attend the free workshop? YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING...
- Turn in your PTA packet with signed waiver form
- Sign up on the sign-up sheet located outside of the front office to assure there is space on either date.
- Fill out the Reflection Workshop waiver that will be available at sign-ups and have your child bring it with them to the workshop.
A parent must attend with every Kindergarten student
What is Reflections?
The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with the majority of California PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That's why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
Here our a few of our PTA Reflections Program entries from Gates.
Reflections 2013-2014 "Believe, Dream, Inspire"
2012-13 "The Magic of a Moment"